Kormax History

Kormax is Kiwi to the core, and have been since 1947.

Late 1947

After perfecting the castings in the garage, this is where it all began.

1953

E.N. Davis Ltd becomes a legal entity making foundry castings.

Late 1950’s

The next generation starts work at the foundry, gaining his apprenticeship in moulding.

Mid 1970’s

E.N. Davis Ltd buys metals such as bronze and brass to sell alongside the foundry products.

1976

E.N. Davis Ltd changes name to Milson Foundry Ltd.

1980

Milson Foundry Ltd buys the first Bobcat in New Zealand. After many years of faithful service this machine was bought back by the Bobcat dealer for historical value.

1981

Milson Metals brand born.

Late 1980’s

The old coke-fired cupola furnace is decommissioned and replaced with a state of the art electric furnace.

Late 1980’s

Milson Metals starts into the fastening industry by securing the Unbrako agency for New Zealand.

1995

Milson Metals starts to import its own key steel, grease nipples, silver steel etc.

2004

Ajax (large wholesaler) leaves the New Zealand fastening industry.

2012

Milson Metals changes name to Milsons (2012) Ltd and moves to their current 17,000m2 warehouse in Kaimanawa Street.

2016

Kormax brand is created to represent the metals and engineering supplies side of the business.